Technical writing contract
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This document is suitable for a consultant working alone or with others direct for client with no company intermediary.
Although drawn for scientific and technical writers, the form can be easily adapted for a host of other technical professions. This document has been drawn specifically for technical work and as such, includes more extensive provisions to deal with intellectual property, thereby protecting your interests.
As in IT, the boundary between employment and self employment has always been blurred. This contract provides the glue for a contract for work.
Because the law requires nothing in a contract of this nature, every item is for negotiation. This document as drawn to safeguard the interests of both parties.
In considering what to add or delete,we suggest you look carefully at:
- How an assignment will be defined. What information will go into the “brief”?
- The extent of the writer's liability. Who is taking the risk and is that reasonable?
Application and features
- Suitable for single or multiple assignments;
- Very flexible to suit the requirements of the parties;
- Client protected by personal indemnities from the consultant company director;
- Limitation of consultant liability;
- Protects both sides, (but client protection may be deleted or reduced).
- Status of consultant company and its working director;
- Explanation of assignments;
- Consultants payment arrangements;
- Who owns the intellectual property created;
- Mutual confidentiality;
- Exclusion of consultant liability;
- Who else consultant may work for;
- Other appropriate legal provisions.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Australian law.
"I've used Netlawman twice (my business is in Australia) and both times I've found them to be very knowledgeable, patient, and to give considerable thought to the details of the agreements I needed developed.
I will be using them again for a variety of future projects and I highly recommend them for any business looking for high quality, affordable legal document solutions. "Clive Liebmann
"Great repository of legal templates to get started in business - easily."Integratit
"What a fabulous service - far less hassle than finding a solicitor who would charge the earth!"The Bookkeeping Business