Machine Lease: any industry, any machine
Suitable for leasing large industrial plant and or machinery to another business. Not suitable for lease to a consumer as it does not comply with necessary consumer protection legislation. Lease term can be fixed or extendable.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this machine lease agreement
This lease sets out the terms under which you will let out spare plant and machinery to another business. It can be used for a short term - a few weeks, or long term, measured in years.
Using this template, your lease could be for a fixed term or on a rolling basis. We include the option for your lessee to purchase the machine after a certain time. That is to say you can make it a finance lease or an operating lease. There are no legal constraints in what deal you want.
As with all Net Lawman documents our drafting notes will guide you what you can change safely, and what we suggest you should not change.
When to use this machine lease agreement
Because this machine lease agreement does not take account of consumer credit and other consumer protection law it cannot be used for hire to consumers. That is to say, your lessee / hirer must be a company or person in business.
Examples of use might be:
- A sole trader (such as a builder) leasing spare equipment to another sole trader or business for a single job.
- A business leasing unused plant to another business for a long term contract.
- Examples of the type of plant that could be leased using this document include:
- a crane
- a cherry picker
- a dumper truck
- a roller
- an excavator
Important to this agreement is that the plant is movable and will be stored under the control of the lessee.
The law in this document
The advantage of not having to take account of consumer protection law is that you are free to make the deal you want without having to look over your shoulder at government regulations (although, of course, there is a raft of legislation about operation of almost any machine). To make your life easy, we have provided multiple options in many areas including: responsibilities for maintenance, payment of the lease rent, options for buy-out at the end of lease, options to extend the lease and much more.
This machine lease agreement is a real, full legal document. It covers every reasonable angle, providing both a statement of the commercial terms and a very firm basis of rights of both parties, but principally to protect the owner of the machine or plant.
Features of this machine lease agreement
This machine lease agreement is extremely comprehensive and written in plain English. It has been drawn for maximum flexibility and ease of use.
Key features are:
- The term of the lease can be as long or short as you like, from months to years. We suggest a short period so that the contract can be renewed and terms (such as the rental amount) updated.
- The document allows use of several schedules to record the detail of the agreement. This keeps the "legal" wording of the commercial transaction separate to the "subject matter", creating an agreement that is easier to read, amend and reuse.
- Options for rent and payment plans. The rent might be a simple monthly or annual payment or may be variable.
- The buy-back arrangement is an option you can include or delete.
Contents of this agreement
- Options for lease rentals
- Full description of the machine - subject matter of lease
- Warranties and exclusion by lessor
- Testing and checking of machine by the lessee and conditions of acceptance
- Prohibition on selling and subletting
- Termination and premature termination and its consequences
- Optional provision for deposit by the lessee of additional security in cash or goods
- Option of guarantor
- Repair and maintenance terms
- Insurance: lessee insures in name of the lessor
- Buy-out provision
- Option to extend lease term
- Lessor’s right to inspect machine during lease and many other strong provisions on lessor’s rights
- Set of lessee’s obligations
- Lessee to indemnify lessor
- Other important legal and commercial provisions
Alternatives to this document
Net Lawman has more suitable documents if you are leasing:
- a road vehicle: use our Vehicle lease agreement.
- office equipment: use our Office equipment lease agreement.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Australian law.
What other customers thought
Average customer rating
By ARTHUR EHLOW 22 December 2015
No improvements needed by me. It was easy to update the document to personalise and just as easy to delete anything not relevant. Exceptional straight forward system and excellent web site. Good work.
By Graham Reeley 16 January 2014
The document was good. Short and to the point, and served its purpose.The only shortfall was the Schedules as they were blank, I didn't know exactly what to insert or the format the information should be provided in. Only by looking at another document was I able to come up with a passable schedule.
Net Lawman responds 19 February 2014
We understand. Schedules to any document are always a matter of judgement. Because a schedule is text provided by you, relating only to your circumstances, we hesitate to give an example. Someone else will worry when he discovers that his circumstances are different and our “model” version does not apply. We do our best.
"Loved it mate, was in somewhat bitter dispute with ex partner, loads of expensive meetings nothing sorted. Got your form, edited it up sent it over -bang, signed, sealed and delivered in 10 mins. Excellent"Ken Warren, Director The Golden Bough
"Net Lawman is a simple cost effect way of preparing many of the legal documents my business requires."Glen Killen
"Very easy to navigate for those who are not very computer illiterate. Information sought was provided very expeditiously."HM Lawyers