- Length:22 pages (6500 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this copyright sub-licence
You have taken a license of some intellectual property rights with a view to exploiting them. We can assume the licensor was probably the author or creator and that he/she did not want to set up in business to exploit the rights personally.
The rights could relate to anything: architect’s drawings, children’s stories, photo images. The work could be of any size, complexity and for any purpose. For example, it could be a plain script, a book to be converted to script, or any other “created work” or product in which you own copyright. Only you can describe it accurately. For the sake of clarity in the document, we have named your work “Beautiful Zebra”. You now wish to sell some part of your rights to some other business who will exploit your work in whatever limited way you have decided.
This document could also be used for commercial partnerships, for example to permit an affiliate or partner to use material which you do not actually own but use on licence from the original creator.
We do not know what rights in the material you have bought, so cannot guide you on what rights you are able to sub-licence. We have therefore provided the same wide range of options as we do for the creator of a work in the first place.
The payment option provided is a periodic royalty. That can be changed easily to a cash payment or some other basis.
Almost all Net Lawman documents are written to protect primarily the document buyer. However, we do not invite problems for you by ignoring the likely requirements of your counter-party. There are many provisions in this document which satisfy the concerns of a fair minded licensee. The drafting notes you receive with the document elaborate on this point.
You can use this agreement for a one-off deal with few restrictions or for planned expansion into new geographical territories and/or new product markets.
- Easy to edit (as always with Net Lawman documents)
- Thorough coverage of legal areas
- Practical, alternative business provisions
- No requirement for you to be your own lawyer
We have provided options for several important areas, for example:
- multiple products or versions;
- exclusive or non-exclusive, so that you can define exactly what you want;
- control and ownership of derived versions.
- extent of support and upgrades
- assignable or not? If yes, buyer enters into same agreement direct with you.
- you sell upgrades from time to time - or not.
- whether you have advantage of derived products licensee creates.
Alternatives to this copyright sub-licence
Net Lawman offers around 20 licence agreements and assignments relating to intellectual property in addition to those in website terms and conditions.
You can find the full selection at:
- Basic contracts for creative work
- High level IP licence and sale agreements
- Merchandising agreements
- Assignment, sale and transfer
- IP licences by creator or owner
- Software and other development contracts
Contents of this copyright sub-licence
Here is a list of the major subjects covered in this agreement:
- Definitions and interpretation
- Warranties and understandings
- Sellers warranties and representations
- Rights to be assigned - limitations
- The assignment deal
- Other matters relating to enforcement and other legal issues
Over 1,900 words of helpful drafting notes.