IP licence agreement: educational or training system
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this intellectual property licence agreement
You may be an individual or represent a company. You have devised and produced an education or training system.
- Football training for under ten year olds
- Distance learning syllabus and materials
- How to set up an independent school
- A psychometric test system
- Pilot training
It could be anything. It may be applicable in one industry or many. You want to protect your intellectual property in licensing its use to many people. You may grant licenses to individuals, companies or governmental organisations like schools and local authorities.
Your product or device or invention relies to some extent on a support system, no matter large or small, which requires slightly different licence terms because it may be used by others. You might upgrade it from time to time.
This agreement covers your intellectual property rights in every aspect of your work: design drawings, copyright, software, patents and more. It provides for a single up front payment but you could change this to an annual payment.
The licence lasts for as long as you decide. It is limited to a particular market or application or territory, or all of these. There are no re-sale or sub-licence rights.
The agreement provides options for support - or none. It is also assumed that the licensee will require a licence to use your support systems, in common with licensees in other industries. You do have continuing control over that licence. It is therefore more limited.
There are two reasons why you might wish to protect this additional material more strongly:
- First, it may have far wider application and you will wish to use it in the same market for other applications, or in other products and other markets.
- The second reason is that you may not own all the supporting material. You may yourself use some IP which he has licensed to you from others. The best you can do with that IP is to make sure you are allowed to sub-license it, then do just that.
You choose the exact deal you want in this agreement. You are always in control. You can choose “in” or “out” or edit.
This agreement provides the complete legal framework for what may appear to be a complicated deal. The Net Lawman modular structure in plain English takes you smoothly through the detail of a document of over 5,000 words.
- Professionally drawn, tough law
- Easy to edit (as always with Net Lawman documents)
- Thorough coverage of legal areas
- Practical, alternative business provisions
- No requirement for you to be your own lawyer
Alternatives to this licence agreement
Net Lawman offers around 20 licence agreements and assignments relating to intellectual property in addition to those in website terms and conditions.
You can find the full selection at:
- Basic contracts for creative work
- High level IP licence and sale agreements
- Merchandising agreements
- Assignment, sale and transfer
- IP licences by creator or owner
- Software and other development contracts
Contents of this licence agreement
It is impossible to explain a five thousand word document in a few lines, but here is a list of the major subjects covered:
- Definitions and interpretation
- Warranties and understandings
- The Licence deal
- Licence of supporting IP
- Use of third party IP
- Protection of licensed material
- Royalty calculation
- Third party infringement
- Continuing research, improvement and product updates
- New intellectual property and derived products
- Other matters relating to enforcement and other legal issues
Over 2,200 words of helpful drafting notes.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Australian law.
"Loved it mate, was in somewhat bitter dispute with ex partner, loads of expensive meetings nothing sorted. Got your form, edited it up sent it over -bang, signed, sealed and delivered in 10 mins. Excellent"Ken Warren, Director The Golden Bough
"Great website! Great range of legal documents, and outstanding supporting documentation. We have looked at many different options and netlawman.com.au have been able to provide a legal solution at a low price, effectively saving us $$$... Looking forward to seeing an Online Returns Policy"Reel Angler
"I was getting the contents of my website together for the web designer and was asked to get together terms and conditions and I thought, where on earth do I get those from. I did a search for terms and conditions and came across Net Lawman. It was a simple process and easy to understand. It has saved me time and given me peace of mind."Face First Mouthguards