IT & computer use policy: e-mail, Internet and communications
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This computer use, email, Internet and communications policy is suitable for every business which uses IT. Control over email and Internet usage is yet another employment related matter that requires careful and precise control. It is often difficult to decide exactly what level of control you require. This document is drawn as much to prompt your decisions as to provide a model version.
Misuse of employers’ computers is now the number one reason for dismissal. This constitutes a gigantic waste of resources in lost management time spent in re-advertising and arranging temporary substitution.
Tribunal cases are frequently lost in circumstances where common sense dictates that natural justice favoured the employer. Invariably, a feature of the employee’s case was the employers failure to say what was and what was not permitted. You can avoid this waste of time, money and human resources by using a document such as this.
Be sure to incorporate this policy into staff contracts by reference (as in the Net Lawman contract documents). Your employees are thus bound by the terms of the policy. So far as you change the terms, it is important to make them clear so that staff know exactly where they stand.
Application and features
- Modern, flexible e-mail policy to suit all organisations;
- 40 paragraphs of down-to-earth common sense to protect your business;
- Helps prevent computer misuse of every sort;
- Protects your data, your reputation and your business;
- Covers employees working out of the office / using laptop;
- Helps protect you from tribunal claims arising from e-mail and Internet related disputes;
- Educates staff in best practice;
- Saves hours of individual explanation.
- Computer network use and constraints;
- Special provisions for laptops;
- Prohibited actions;
- Explanation of e-mail system;
- Comprehensive email management and control provisions;
- Prohibited actions;
- Changes permitted;
- Other communications issues;
- Example confidentiality footer.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Australian law.
"I've used Netlawman twice (my business is in Australia) and both times I've found them to be very knowledgeable, patient, and to give considerable thought to the details of the agreements I needed developed.
I will be using them again for a variety of future projects and I highly recommend them for any business looking for high quality, affordable legal document solutions. "Clive Liebmann
"Used for business and personal documents - good service; in fact .... Great Service!"Engaged Projects
"Net Lawman is a simple cost effect way of preparing many of the legal documents my business requires."Glen Killen