Horse lease agreement
This document template covers both the lease of a horse for eventing or jumping and a pony for showing. This lease is comprehensive, flexible document for both long and short term lease periods. The document is primarily protecting the interest of the owner but fairly treating the lessee.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This document is a template agreement designed to form the basis for a version suitable to your circumstances. It covers both the loan of a horse for eventing or jumping and a pony for showing. This agreement is designed to cover both low and high value transactions. What may be suitable for an animal worth $10,000 may be excessive for one worth $500.
The lease period may range from months to years. Despite whatever may be the length of term, a well drawn agreement protects you and the horse - your property in all ways. Like this one!
Using an agreement such as this one provides both sides with a record of the arrangements and the condition of the horse, helping to prevent and more easily resolve disputes.
To make your life easy, we have provided multiple options in many areas including responsibilities for care and maintenance, payment of the lease, options for buy-out at the end of lease, participation in competitions, insurance obligations and much more. By and large, you can set the terms you want.
The document should be edited so that it reflects exactly how your deal works. Our guidance notes will tell you what you can change safely, and what we don't advise changing.
Application and features
- Comprehensive agreement suitable for a horse or pony;
- Suitable whether the horse is for eventing, jumping, dressage or cross country;
- The term of the lease can be as long or short as you like, from months to years. We suggest a short period so that the contract can be renewed and terms (such as the lease amount) updated;
- The document allows use of several schedules to record the detail of the agreement. This keeps the "legal" wording of the commercial transaction separate to the "subject matter", creating an agreement that is easier to read, amend and reuse;
- Written in plain English;
- With explanatory guidance notes.
- Full description of the horse - subject matter of lease
- Warranties and exclusion by the owner
- Testing and checking of horse by the lessee and conditions of acceptance
- Prohibition on selling and subletting
- Termination or premature termination
- Optional provision for insurance
- Responsibilities of lessee for care and maintenance;
- Options that lessee shall compete in specified competitions;
- Supply to buyer of documents and record of achievement;
- Buy-out provision
- Owner’s right to inspect horse during lease and many other strong provisions on owner’s rights
- Set of lessee’s obligations
- Lessee to indemnify owner
- Various legal matters to protect your interests.
Alternative to this document
Use Horse loan agreement if you are lending your horse to a friend or family members without money on simple terms and where you have a high level trust with the borrower.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Australian law.
How other customers rated this document
Average customer rating
"Loved it mate, was in somewhat bitter dispute with ex partner, loads of expensive meetings nothing sorted. Got your form, edited it up sent it over -bang, signed, sealed and delivered in 10 mins. Excellent"Ken Warren, Director The Golden Bough
"What a fabulous service - far less hassle than finding a solicitor who would charge the earth!"The Bookkeeping Business
"Clear info and documents. just to fill in some info and ready to use. Great!"E.Fiore