- Length:4 pages (1800 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this document
This document is a template agreement designed to form the basis for a version suitable to your circumstances. It covers both the loan of a horse or a pony for any purpose.
However, it is a good idea to specify the purpose of loan because by doing so, if the borrower uses the horse for something different, he is in default and you can demand the return of the horse.
Lending to friends and family can be difficult. A written agreement may seem too formal or raise questions of trust. But not using one can result in confusion about the terms, or mistaking the loan as a gift.
This agreement is simple in order to bridge the gap between not using an agreement at all, and using a longer, more comprehensive one. It is, however, legally binding.
In this document template we have made the deal for free loan.
Application and features
- Comprehensive agreement suitable for a horse or pony;
- Suitable whether you lend out a horse to a friend, family member or any other person;
- Sufficiently flexible to suit the parties;
- Written in plain English;
- With explanatory guidance notes.
- Purpose of the loan / use of the horse.
- Responsibilities of borrower for care and maintenance;
- Who is responsible for risk and insurance;
- Owner's warranties relating to condition and history of horse;
- Owner's right to inspect the horse during the period of loan;
- Miscellaneous legal matters to protect your interests.