Horse loan agreement
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This document is a template agreement designed to form the basis for a version suitable to your circumstances. It covers both the loan of a horse or a pony for any purpose.
However, it is a good idea to specify the purpose of loan because by doing so, if the borrower uses the horse for something different, he is in default and you can demand the return of the horse.
Lending to friends and family can be difficult. A written agreement may seem too formal or raise questions of trust. But not using one can result in confusion about the terms, or mistaking the loan as a gift.
This agreement is simple in order to bridge the gap between not using an agreement at all, and using a longer, more comprehensive one. It is, however, legally binding.
In this document template we have made the deal for free loan.
Application and features
- Comprehensive agreement suitable for a horse or pony;
- Suitable whether you lend out a horse to a friend, family member or any other person;
- Sufficiently flexible to suit the parties;
- Written in plain English;
- With explanatory guidance notes.
- Purpose of the loan / use of the horse.
- Responsibilities of borrower for care and maintenance;
- Who is responsible for risk and insurance;
- Owner's warranties relating to condition and history of horse;
- Owner's right to inspect the horse during the period of loan;
- Miscellaneous legal matters to protect your interests.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Australian law.
"I've used Netlawman twice (my business is in Australia) and both times I've found them to be very knowledgeable, patient, and to give considerable thought to the details of the agreements I needed developed.
I will be using them again for a variety of future projects and I highly recommend them for any business looking for high quality, affordable legal document solutions. "Clive Liebmann
"I used the format for compromise agreement for a planned redundancy and found the content and guidelines to be extremely comprehensive and useful."Partha Patnaik
"I was getting the contents of my website together for the web designer and was asked to get together terms and conditions and I thought, where on earth do I get those from. I did a search for terms and conditions and came across Net Lawman. It was a simple process and easy to understand. It has saved me time and given me peace of mind."Face First Mouthguards