Writers club constitution and rules
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This is an all embracing legal document setting out the terms and conditions for a club, group or society as an unincorporated association. By that, we mean any association of two or more people, who have come together to form a club to pursue a common social or recreational purpose. Mutual rights and responsibilities arise from the rules which members agree to – that is, this agreement.
This document provides for how the club will be constituted, who controls its structure, administration and funds as well as setting out its purposes, aims and goals. In law, this type of group is called an ‘unincorporated association’ because, unlike a company, it has not been ‘incorporated’. Thus, it has no legal identity of its own, beyond the identity of the individual members. These members of course, require rules by which to regulate their association in the pursuit of their common goals. So if you organize a society, club, group or association of any kind, you will need a document such as this.
Whether you wish to promote the publication of books produced by the club’s author members (including your own), collaborate to provide constructive criticism on members' literary work, organize lectures, talks and workshops for educational and social reasons or for any other similar reason, this document is suitable.
Application and features
- Follows a clear and logical structure by which to manage your organisation, association, club or group;
- Suitable for a variety of writers' clubs;
- Written in plain English;
- Includes explanatory notes.
- Main objective for the association: who, when where and why
- Subscriptions: how much and when to pay
- Resignation, suspension and expulsion: who decides
- Management of the association
- Powers of the Committee
- Annual General Meetings and Extraordinary General Meetings
- Quorum at meetings
- Voting at meetings
- Amendment of Rules: by whom, when and how
- Other usual legal provisions.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Australian law.
"I've used Netlawman twice (my business is in Australia) and both times I've found them to be very knowledgeable, patient, and to give considerable thought to the details of the agreements I needed developed.
I will be using them again for a variety of future projects and I highly recommend them for any business looking for high quality, affordable legal document solutions. "Clive Liebmann
"Have added your main page to my favourites for future use."Colin Stubbins
"Dedicated and professional .. the very best service I have ever experienced online."David Williams