Website terms and conditions template: continuous IT service provision
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this website terms and conditions document
This website T&C is for a software or other technical business providing continuous work. By “continuous”, we mean work that continues until one side or the other terminates, as against a one-off service. Could be for a retail or business client. Perfect for a “cloud” service. Examples: web hosting; provision of statistics; Internet marketing; advertising placements. Extensive and detailed provisions to protect your IP and servers and to control what is allowed in postings.
Because this is a website TandC document, we assume that all details of your service will be on your website.
We have presented many options, each in simple terms so as to give you a menu of possibilities.
There are provisions for what can be uploaded to your site, draft data storage provisions.
There are special additional provisions regarding domain names which will not be required by every buyer of this document.
- Professionally draw, tough law
- Easy to edit (as always with Net Lawman documents)
- Thorough coverage of legal areas
- Practical, alternative business provisions
- No requirement for you to be your own lawyer
- Sets out clearly how your business works and what customers can expect
- Presents a professional image of your business. Our use of plain English helps ensure customers do not feel intimidated by overly formal or legalistic language
- Prevent misunderstandings and make solving disputes easier
- Protect your website from misuse (we include paragraphs that form an Acceptable Use Policy, useful if your visitors can interact with your website, for example, by posting reviews or exchanging messages in a customer forum)
- Helps you to trade safely internationally, whether your customers are in Commonwealth of Australia, New Zealand or further afield.
The law in this document
The law in these T&C is largely common law that deals with the basics of contracts: offer, acceptance, price and payment, delivery, returns, dispute resolution, liabilities and risk. Provided you comply with the law, you can set whatever terms you like.
The terms and conditions are valid for businesses based anywhere in Commonwealth of Australia.
- Definitions and interpretation
- Preliminary legal matters
- The price
- Renewal payments
- Content you Contribute or Post to Our Website
- Other restrictions
- About Contributions Posted by you
- Removal of offensive Content
- Security of Our Website
- Other legal provisions
- Publicity / Announcements
- Miscellaneous matters
Over 2,100 words of helpful and informative drafting notes.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Australian law.
"I've used Netlawman twice (my business is in Australia) and both times I've found them to be very knowledgeable, patient, and to give considerable thought to the details of the agreements I needed developed.
I will be using them again for a variety of future projects and I highly recommend them for any business looking for high quality, affordable legal document solutions. "Clive Liebmann
"I having spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on lawyer over my lifetime in business, how I wish I had found you sooner"Stewart Barnett
"Great site, so effective, gives you what you need when you need it, no waiting around."Witjuti