- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
Although this document cannot magically absolve you from risk of data mismanagement, it is a giant first step. Informing your visitors and customers (and other parties) about the data you collect about them is a legal requirement. A privacy notice is a simple way to comply, but a good privacy notice goes further. It is prime evidence to everyone with whom you deal, and to the OAIC, that you take confidentiality seriously. That can help increase the trust that visitors and customers have in your business and boost their confidence in using your services or buying from you.
The law in this privacy notice
Privacy notice features and contents
There are 29 paragraphs in the document. In places we have provided a number of possibilities, where you choose the most appropriate from the menu and delete the others. In other places, we have provided ideas and the most common scenarios, but the notice may require a little customisation to fully reflect your business.
The notice is drawn around:
- compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 as amended to date
- reminding you how to avoid contravening Australian Data Protection legislation;
- providing re-assurance to your customers or clients;
- maintaining a professional but friendly image.
The contents of the document cover:
- categorisation of different types of information and how you use them;
- how you collect, use and store financial information;
- information security and data retention;
- fraud prevention;
- collection of information by other means (such as telephone calls and e-mails);
- compliance with the law and disclosure to government;
- processing data outside the Australia;
- review, removal and update of collected data;
- third party advertising;
- the use of the site by children.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Australian law.
What other customers thought
Average customer rating
By Samantha Ball 03 April 2017
Have purchased from you before and recommend clients to purchase from you. Very easy straight forward process and information provided is very clear and helpful
By Wyman Kingsley 16 March 2017
Great product and service, the documentation is well explained
By Charmaine Thring 15 June 2015
By Wayne Larkin 23 October 2014
Excellent: Extremely well priced. Great support service. Well written plain English legal contracts.
By Shane ONeill 17 August 2014
Very useful document in plain english and simple to use. Also very reasonably priced.
By Neil McGarry 03 June 2014
By Dermot O'Beirne 29 April 2014
For a very reasonable price, unusual to have editing facility but simplified matters!
By Lara Stephenson 29 March 2014
Easy to edit, firm yet friendly in tone and easy to understand.
By Scott Kane 20 February 2014
"Loved it mate, was in somewhat bitter dispute with ex partner, loads of expensive meetings nothing sorted. Got your form, edited it up sent it over -bang, signed, sealed and delivered in 10 mins. Excellent"Ken Warren, Director The Golden Bough
"Have added your main page to my favourites for future use."Colin Stubbins
"Great website! Great range of legal documents, and outstanding supporting documentation. We have looked at many different options and netlawman.com.au have been able to provide a legal solution at a low price, effectively saving us $$$... Looking forward to seeing an Online Returns Policy"Reel Angler