- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
Although this document cannot magically absolve you from risk of data mismanagement, it is a giant first step. Informing your visitors and customers (and other parties) about the data you collect about them is a legal requirement. A privacy notice is a simple way to comply, but a good privacy notice goes further. It is prime evidence to everyone with whom you deal, and to the OAIC, that you take confidentiality seriously. That can help increase the trust that visitors and customers have in your business and boost their confidence in using your services or buying from you.
The law in this privacy notice
Privacy notice features and contents
In places we have provided a number of possibilities, where you choose the most appropriate from the menu and delete the others. In other places, we have provided ideas and the most common scenarios, but the notice may require a little customisation to fully reflect your business.
The notice is drawn around:
- compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 as amended to date
- reminding you how to avoid contravening Australian Data Protection legislation;
- providing re-assurance to your customers or clients;
- maintaining a professional but friendly image.
The contents of the document cover:
- categorisation of different types of information and how you use them;
- how you collect, use and store financial information;
- information security and data retention;
- fraud prevention;
- collection of information by other means (such as telephone calls and e-mails);
- compliance with the law and disclosure to government;
- processing data outside the Australia;
- review, removal and update of collected data;
- third party advertising;
- the use of the site by children.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Australian law.
"I've used Netlawman twice (my business is in Australia) and both times I've found them to be very knowledgeable, patient, and to give considerable thought to the details of the agreements I needed developed.
I will be using them again for a variety of future projects and I highly recommend them for any business looking for high quality, affordable legal document solutions. "Clive Liebmann
"Have added your main page to my favourites for future use."Colin Stubbins
"I used the format for compromise agreement for a planned redundancy and found the content and guidelines to be extremely comprehensive and useful."Partha Patnaik