Web development contract
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
What this document does
This is a contract document for a coder or software house to use for a small website or one that is comparatively simple technically, as draw using one of the popular applications. It is also suitable for any changes or additions to a website. You can present this contract to your client as a final version or for negotiation. It is flexible and easy to edit.
It covers graphic design, records, testing and all other areas of your work. No professional can afford to risk the misunderstandings and possible disputes that arise so commonly in this area of work.
This agreement is in plain English so that your client can never say it was not clear.
This document will protect you from many legal pitfalls, but does not attempt to provide technical input for your specification of work. Technical material will be entered into the specification by you, the technical expert.
Extensive drafting notes explain even more.
What is in this website design and coding agreement
Here are some of the most important provisions. Of course there is much more:
- Your customer will approve the website design in stages but pay for additional work on an agreed basis.
- Regulating customer changes to the agreed specification.
- Providing concisely for responsibility for search engine strategy and other matters where you require certainty.
- Lists excluded matters for client's separate attention - e.g. names, hosting; payment service provision.
- Testing and acceptance.
- Alternative payment arrangements.
- Clear and strong identification and protection of your intellectual property.
- Appropriate legal provisions - exclusions, indemnities, etc.
- Regulating customer changes to the website design specification so that it is clear what work is "extra".
Alternatives to this website coding agreement
There is an even more comprehensive agreement for original coding of a complicated website look at Website design and coding agreement: coder's version; major work.
We also have a wider set of associated documents at Web design agreements.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Australian law.
What other customers thought
Average customer rating
By Scott Kane 31 January 2015
Simple, without missing valuable detail. Actually better than a similar document I had prepared by a local solicitor (for a lot more) some years back.
"Loved it mate, was in somewhat bitter dispute with ex partner, loads of expensive meetings nothing sorted. Got your form, edited it up sent it over -bang, signed, sealed and delivered in 10 mins. Excellent"Ken Warren, Director The Golden Bough
"Have added your main page to my favourites for future use."Colin Stubbins
"I was getting the contents of my website together for the web designer and was asked to get together terms and conditions and I thought, where on earth do I get those from. I did a search for terms and conditions and came across Net Lawman. It was a simple process and easy to understand. It has saved me time and given me peace of mind."Face First Mouthguards