- Length:3 pages (750 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this contract variation agreement
This is an easy to use document that can be used to make changes to any contract. Using this agreement, you can add, delete or change words or entire sections.
We recommend using an agreement such as this one to change terms rather than agreeing the new terms verbally as having the agreement in writing provides a record of your agreed position should any dispute arise later.
When to use this contract variation agreement
This document can be used to change the terms of any contract provided:
- All parties to the original contract agree to the changes and sign the document
- You are not trying to vary a personal will
- You are not trying to change the parties to the contract (use a Novation agreement: transfer of service contract instead)
Commonly, this agreement would be used where there has been an unforeseen change in circumstances (such as increases in the price of raw materials), or in purpose or objective of the contract.
Contract variation agreement contents
The document is relatively short and easy to use. It contains among other standard paragraphs:
- The variations
- Entire understanding: prevents a party from later claiming he was relying on other documents or verbal agreements