Personal guarantee of company debt
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This is a professionally drawn personal guarantee agreement for a lender to put to a company director as a condition of either increased lending or forbearance in enforcement of existing loan conditions. First, it identifies an original loan agreement between the lender and the company, then ties the guarantor to it, to “stand in the shoes” of the company in the event that it was unable to make repayment when due.
The agreement provides many options primarily to strengthen the position of the lender. Some could be deleted so as to provide a softer agreement for the guarantor if required.
The law in this document
There is no modern statutory law relating to guarantees. This document is based on contract common law.
Net Lawman offers other document templates related to new guarantees at Guarantees and Indemnities.
Agreement features and contents
- The key benefit of using this document over adding a guarantee paragraph to the original contract is the simplicity of use.
- There is no need to edit and agree the original contract. That means less room for making a mistake and invalidating some provision of it.
- Provides heavyweight protection for the lender.
- The document highlights the continuing liability of the guarantor (usually the director who is personally liable for the company debt).
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Australian law.
"I've used Netlawman twice (my business is in Australia) and both times I've found them to be very knowledgeable, patient, and to give considerable thought to the details of the agreements I needed developed.
I will be using them again for a variety of future projects and I highly recommend them for any business looking for high quality, affordable legal document solutions. "Clive Liebmann
"We design professional websites and use Net Lawman documents to provide the best possible service to our clients."BA Creative
"I used the format for compromise agreement for a planned redundancy and found the content and guidelines to be extremely comprehensive and useful."Partha Patnaik