Option to buy land and property: simple; assignable
This is a simple option agreement that creates a right to buy real property at a set price within a certain time period. It is easy to use, designed specifically for situations where the other party is likely to be less confident in dealing with complicated "legal" matters.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this agreement
Option agreements are unusual documents in that it is generally the buyer that proposes the terms and sells the deal to the property owner. The buyer therefore has the problem in deciding how far to push for terms. Sometimes a long legal document can be a hurdle to get the deal signed quickly.
This is an option agreement to buy real property - land and/or buildings - specifically drawn to be short and simple, for situations where it is important not to present the other party with a full legal agreement that he may worry about.
This document does create a legally binding agreement, but does not tie up the loose ends as our other versions do, and does not offer as much protection for the buyer from the unexpected.
It is, however, short, written in plain English and therefore easy to understand.
If simplicity and ensuring minimal friction with the other side are crucial, use this document rather than one of our other property option agreements.
When to use this option agreement
The document is suitable for both:
- a developer wishing to secure a ‘right to buy’ on real property subject to a future event
- a land or property owner looking to sell an option to a potential buyer
You will use this agreement to secure land with a view to your working to enhance its value before any event. Examples are:
- planning permission has been granted
- you have found a tenant or sub-buyer
- a land or building survey has been completed
The document also includes a template notice of exercise letter, to be used by a buyer to exercise the option before the expiry date stated within the agreement.
Option agreement application and features
- Sets out a clear and logical pathway for exercise of the option
- Short and simple: all variables are clear and in one place
- Suitable for a variety of land types and situations
- Includes an exercise letter template
- User friendly: includes invaluable user notes to guide you through to successful execution
- Carefully and simply defined terms
- All variable matters in one place for ease of editing
- The specific data on money and timing and the exercise of your option
- Seller's warranties on matters you need to have clear before you commit
- The essence of the agreement
- That the agreement may be assigned by the buyer
- A separate draft letter giving notice to exercise the option
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Australian law.
What other customers thought
Average customer rating
By Peter Forsyth 12 March 2016
Really appreciated the assistance with how to complete documents.
1st time user and will use again.
By David Lorimer 24 September 2015
It was easy and affordable. The editing instructions were clear and logical. Made the whole process pain free without having to go through the cost and hassle of getting a Lawyer directly involved.
A very good service.
"Loved it mate, was in somewhat bitter dispute with ex partner, loads of expensive meetings nothing sorted. Got your form, edited it up sent it over -bang, signed, sealed and delivered in 10 mins. Excellent"Ken Warren, Director The Golden Bough
"Net Lawman provided a quick and easy solution for a reasonable fee."Impact Marcomms
"Have added your main page to my favourites for future use."Colin Stubbins