Distribution agreement: sale of goods, full version, merchant side
A practical distribution agreement whereby a merchant or manufacturer appoints a distributor who buys the goods and re-sells on his own account at home or abroad. Very full agreement with many options to suit your exact need and equally extensive drafting notes. Favours merchant but can be edited easily to favour distributor.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This distribution agreement is for any business selling goods of any type at home or abroad.
The arrangements you make are comparatively free of regulation. You can make the deal you want. This distributor agreement has been drawn to provide an armoury of ideas in plain English. You can be tough or tender.
Whether you are the distributor or the merchant, there will be many areas where you would like the other of you to do things your way. As a result there will be a lot to negotiate. By setting everything down in a document like this before you start to talk, you have a head start. The agenda is yours.
This is a very comprehensive document, but as always with Net Lawman documents, you can reduce it easily to the exact terms you need.
- Setting up the agreement
- Appointment of distributor
- Obligations of each party
- Compliance and regulation
- Products recall
- Minimum sale requirements
- Distributor's marketing obligations
- Distributor's liaison and reports
- The Price, orders and acceptance
- Delivery and transportation
- Payment terms, including payment on running credit account and payment by letter of credit
- Risk and retention of title
- Products defective or not as ordered
- Warranty and service policy
- Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- Mutual indemnities
- Assignment and change of control
- Confidential information
- Intellectual property
- Duration and termination
- Other important legal provisions
- Options for six schedules you will probably need
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Australian law.
What other customers thought
Average customer rating
By Jason Marshall 08 September 2016
There is great strength.
In its complexity but the length of the document is of concern. Especially when conducting a business relationship transaction.
"Loved it mate, was in somewhat bitter dispute with ex partner, loads of expensive meetings nothing sorted. Got your form, edited it up sent it over -bang, signed, sealed and delivered in 10 mins. Excellent"Ken Warren, Director The Golden Bough
"Very easy to navigate for those who are not very computer illiterate. Information sought was provided very expeditiously."HM Lawyers
"I used the format for compromise agreement for a planned redundancy and found the content and guidelines to be extremely comprehensive and useful."Partha Patnaik