Development and manufacturing agreement: customer version
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this development and manufacturing agreement
This agreement has been drawn to cover the structure of a complicated deal in simple terms you can edit yourself. The deal is that you have a product idea and maybe some designs. This agreement covers your instruction to a manufacturer to finalise the design, pass your stringent tests, comply with national or international standards and ultimately make up in commercial quantities.
We cannot hope to think up the specification for every possible product. We leave it to you to provide your specification for design, finished product and standards to be achieved along the way.
- Favours the designer/customer not the manufacturer, so puts you in the driving seat
- Takes you logically through the practical provisions you will need
- Assumes your intellectual property is of great value and must be protected.
- Suitable for a contract with foreign supplier
Contents of this development and manufacturing agreement
The most important provisions are likely to be:
- Manufacturer’s warranties - who they are, what qualifications they have.
- Scope of work - what exactly is the deal
- Design reviews, product testing and quality assurance
- Setup costs
- Payment for product development
- You can show their plant to potential customers or regulatory bodies
- Design price and payment
- Production price
- Use of sub-contractors
- Confidential Information, including your intellectual property
- New IP
- Rules for publicity and / or announcements
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Australian law.
"Loved it mate, was in somewhat bitter dispute with ex partner, loads of expensive meetings nothing sorted. Got your form, edited it up sent it over -bang, signed, sealed and delivered in 10 mins. Excellent"Ken Warren, Director The Golden Bough
"Purchasing such agreements is simple, the quality is fine, and there is much less hassle (and expense) compared to having it generated through traditional means!"Plenty Systems Pty Ltd
"Used for business and personal documents - good service; in fact .... Great Service!"Engaged Projects