- Length:7 pages (2050 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this computer repair service contract
Simple contract for self employed IT and computer repair service engineer working in home of client. You may work in your own name or through your company. It is assumed that the work will be unsophisticated; examples: fix bugs, supply and set up hard disk, change software settings, installations and 1001 small tasks. Main purpose of contract is disclaimer of liability for your professional work. Also sets out your requirements for work specification, access, and so on. Just add specification for actual computer repair work and you have contract form suitable for private client.
Private clients will not be happy to be offered a ten page legalistic document. This contract has been drawn to be sufficiently “unthreatening” as to enable you to obtain a client’s signature without delay or apology.
As an IT contractor / computer repairer, you need protection. If you have not arranged for up front payment you are always at risk that your client will not pay. We give you the option of several alternative payment procedures from all up front to all on credit. Limitation of liability also features large in this contract.
Contents of this computer repair service contract
- The basic contract, including matters to re-assure your client
- Interruptions and expenses - points that you need to cover to enable you to do the job
- Your account and expenses: model version
- Alternative payment provisions
- Safety and insurance
- Confidentiality: protecting your privacy and theirs
- Limitation of your liability
- Uncontrollable events: to keep you in control of the contract
- Miscellaneous legal matters: critical factors which shape the contract in your favour