Business transfer agreement
- Length:8 pages (7000 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this document
This is a comprehensive business agreement for the sale of a business by either a company or a limited liability partnership or one or more individuals. If you are looking for company sale agreements, we have them listed on another page within the ‘company’ category.
This business sale agreement is suitable for any individual or company selling or buying a business or enterprise of any type to his own company.
- Terms of the agreement for sale and list of subject matter of sale
- Allocation of purchase price, when and how it is to be paid
- What happens to complete the transaction
- Dealing with counting and hand over of stocks
- Responsibility for creditors and debtors
- Seller's warranties
- Seller's future activities
- Mediation of a dispute before court action
- Other usual provisions to protect your interest
- Suitable for any type of business. Any shareholder or prospective shareholder may propose a shareholders agreement and offer one of these template legal documents as a draft
- Extensive use of warranties for good measure although it is unlikely they will be required seeing as you are the buyer and seller
- Designed for the deal to be completed on the same day, not at some future time
- Purchase price apportioned among the assets to simplify tax planning
- Comprehensive list of matters to be done before completion and documents to be handed to the buyer
- Provisions to prevent seller setting up in competition
- Suitable provisions for contract to cover transfer of leasehold and freehold property
- Explanatory guidance notes in plain English are included