Novation agreement: transfer of architectural or building contract
Easy to use novation agreement for use where the customer of an architectural or construction contract changes part-way through the project (e.g. where the land and part-completed buildings are sold).
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this novation agreement
Use this novation agreement to transfer a contract for the design or build of a property to the purchaser on the sale of land. It can be used to novate any building contract, usually with only minimal editing.
The consent of all three parties: the transferee, the transferor and the other contracting party is required to effect the transfer.
When to use this novation agreement
Typically (although not exclusively) this agreement would be used in the following situations:
- When the owner of a development is forced to sell before completing the project and the buyer wishes the existing contractor to continue the development
- When an unincorporated business is sold along with an unfinished land or building development
This agreement could be bought by:
- A seller looking to make the purchase of his land as easy and attractive for a buyer as possible (even easier if the agreement is signed by the contractor in advance of the sale)
- A buyer wishing to sort out the affairs of a seller having bought an unfinished property
- A builder, tradesman or architect who wants to keep developing the site even though the customer changes
Agreement features and contents
- Suitable when either party is resident outside the Australia;
- Ensures a legal transfer as it is drawn as an agreement between all parties;
- Comprehensive provisions provide ideas for you to mould
The agreement contains the following sections:
- Details of the parties;
- Indemnity clause to protect both parties from loss, damage or legal liability once the contract is transferred;
- The novation;
- Other usual legal provisions in plain English.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Australian law.
How other customers rated this document
Average customer rating
"Loved it mate, was in somewhat bitter dispute with ex partner, loads of expensive meetings nothing sorted. Got your form, edited it up sent it over -bang, signed, sealed and delivered in 10 mins. Excellent"Ken Warren, Director The Golden Bough
"I found it extremely helpful to get information pertinent to the type of business my partner and I are setting up."Stamps of Discernment
"An extremely simple and painless process to get the best legal documents available. Thank you very much."Wilson Transformer Company