Sponsorship agreement: sports person or other individual
This agreement provides a flexible framework for defining a sponsorship arrangement, regardless of the activity in which the sponsored person participates, their level of participation and the benefits to each party. The arrangement could be as simple as payment for advertising on clothing, or a more complex arrangement where the sponsored individual acts as a brand ambassador, product tester or content producer.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this sponsorship agreement
Individuals are sponsored for a variety of reasons and in many different ways. This sponsorship agreement has been drawn to be flexible and to cover many sponsorship situations without being difficult to complete.
A large part of the agreement covers the substance of the deal: what the sponsor will provide in return for the agreed obligations of the person being sponsored. We provide a range of examples to which you can add, edit or delete as appropriate.
The agreement also includes further legal paragraphs not usually included in such documents that protect both sides in case of later disagreement or non-fulfilment. These can also be edited to your requirements.
The agreement is governed by the laws of Australia, but the location of either party could be elsewhere. The agreement could, for example, be used by an Australian company to sponsor a Japanese musician.
When to use this sponsorship agreement
This agreement will suit a large number of sponsorship arrangements.
- the individual being sponsored could be a participant in a sport or another activity (e.g. chess, poker or music)
- the sponsored person could be operating at any level, from amateur to international professional.
- the sponsor could offer goods or services (their own or another company's) or money to the person being sponsored
- the obligations of the sponsored individual could include simple advertising (for example using equipment or wearing clothing with advertising printed on it), promoting the sponsor at events, product testing, writing articles for the sponsor's website, appearing in marketing material or anything else
- the contract could be for a specific period or on-going
The agreement includes the following paragraphs as well as other standard legals:
- warranties for authority
- relationship of parties
- grant of sponsorship rights
- sponsorship fee and payment
- promotion of sponsored goods and services
- obligations of the sponsor
- obligations of the sponsored person
- joint obligations
- intellectual property: including use of trademarks by the sponsored person and ownership of works created for the sponsor by the sponsored person
- after termination
- uncontrollable events
- miscellaneous matters
Schedule 1: scope of sponsorship rights: industry sectors, product ranges and countries
Schedule 2: goods that will be provided to the sponsored person
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Australian law.
How other customers rated this document
Average customer rating
"Loved it mate, was in somewhat bitter dispute with ex partner, loads of expensive meetings nothing sorted. Got your form, edited it up sent it over -bang, signed, sealed and delivered in 10 mins. Excellent"Ken Warren, Director The Golden Bough
"We found the downloaded forms to be extremely easy to use and they saved us a fair chunk of money. Thanks Net Lawman!"Everything Pet
"Your templates have saved me valuable time and money in helping to create our website designed to help people choose their perfect dog or puppy."My Perfect Dog